Monday, February 25, 2008

I Think She Liked It.

Darcie Gudger, from TitleTrakk.com, on Knuckle Sandwich:

I love how Adam Palmer isn’t afraid to Go There – into the dark alleyways of life Christian YA [young adult] books of yesteryear either ignored, or only alluded to. Harsh reality creates emotional ties between readers and characters. Teens no longer need feel alienated by fake Christian utopias. They will see that no matter how intense the desire to “Make some noise for JESUS”, they are not immune to common temptations.

...and...

My sides ached for days because Palmer’s unparalleled humor had me gasping for air. Cradle Christians (saved at an early age) will garner the most guffaws. Palmer pokes fun at the churchy institution and its stuffy culture. His innuendoes are brilliant!

...and...

Authors such as Adam Palmer and colleagues, don’t just tell compelling stories, they change lives.

Read the whole review here, and then buy the book here, if the mood should strike you.

8 comments:

Micah Choquette said...

I'd get your newest book, but I'm still reading "Mooch". Also, I'd never heard the term Cradle Christians before. I'll have to remember that. :)

Mark Keefer said...

"You’d have to be in a coma to miss it."

Is that some sort of threat from her? It's in my dang queue at Amazon already! Sheesh!

Oh, wait. I re-read her review.

Nevermind.

Congrats on the suhweet review dude.

BTW- Are you in for this weekend?

Adam Palmer said...

Micah: "Cradle Christians" is new to me, too. I'm sad that I've missed out on 32 years of using it, so I'll have to make up for it by using it all the time now.

Mark: You gotta watch these internet critics. They can be a little shady. Also: sadly, I will be missing out on this weekend; they'd already hired a DJ, from what I understand. But have fun yourself, now.

Mark Keefer said...

Shoot! I was expecting to hang. Bummer. BTW, I finally found out about the Golden Reels.

See ya. And you BETTER be at the next Triibe gig.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the great review. The book deserves it. Smartest Christian Youth book I've ever read.

Adam Palmer said...

Anthony/Cappie: Thanks so much for the kind words about Knuckle Sandwich. If I may be so bold, it'd be awesome if you trucked over to the page on Amazon.com and left a positive review for it. The more reviews I get, the better. And you know what? I'll provide a handy link for you right here.

Anonymous said...

I left a review. Just need to track down Mooch now.

By the way, Knuckle Sandwich, great title. That (and the cover image) is what made me pick it up. A christian novel called Knuckle Sandwich?!?!

Adam Palmer said...

Cappie--

Thanks for the review! That's mighty nice of you. And I'm really glad you enjoyed the book as much as you did. It's good to hear.